James W. Horne
January 5, 1940 (USA)
285 min (15 episodes)
WRAPPED IN MYSTERY! LOADED WITH THRILLS!
The Shadow battles a villain known as The Black Tiger, who has the power to make himself invisible and is trying to take over the world with his death ray. This was Columbia's ninth serial and it was based on the famous radio series and pulp magazine character of the same name.
- Victor Jory as Lamont Cranston/The Shadow/Lin Chang
- Veda Ann Borg as Margo Lane
- Roger Moore as Harry Vincent
- Edward Peil Sr. as Police Insp. Cardona
- Frank LaRue as Commissioner Weston
- Richard Cramer as the voice of "The Black Tiger"
Home Video or DVD Release DatesEdit
DVD Release Date: This movie is in the Public Domain. Released: January 5, 1940. Entered Public Domain: January 5, 1968.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- The 15-chapter serial is based on the radio episode: Prelude to Terror and three of Walter B. Gibson's Shadow stories; The Green Hoods, The Lone Tiger and Silver Skull.
- Lamont Cranston is a scientist and criminologist.
- Margo Lane is his lab assistant.
- Harry Vincent is Cranston's taxi cab driver. Moe Shrevnitz is not in the film.