Appearing in "House of Ghosts"
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Roger Stanbridge (dies)
- Carl Dorthan (embezzler)
- Harvey Crispin (embezzler)
- Wallace Freer (embezzler)
- Ralph Putney (embezzler)
- Wiggam (Gustave's housekeeper; dies)
- Joseph Dunninger (a psychic investigator)
- Gustave Stanbridge (dies)
- Jennifer Stanbridge (Gustave's sister)
- Donald Stanbridge (Gustave's brother)
- Dr. Torrance
- New York City
- Stanbridge Manor
- "Devil's Whisper" (explosive paste)
- The Shadow's rubber suction cups
Synopsis for "House of Ghosts"
Stanbridge Manor was haunted, but whether by real ghosts or by humans was the question, and The Shadow had the aid of Joe Dunninger, world's greatest "ghost-breaker," in this battle against supernatural crime.
- This story was reprinted in the hardbound Jade Dragon & House of Ghosts, published by Doubleday Crime Club.
- Joseph Dunninger, "The Amazing Dunninger," was one of the most famous and proficient mentalists of all time. He was also a life-long friend to author Walter B. Gibson.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 271 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References