Appearing in "Death by Proxy"
- Dagbar (a hypnotist; dies)
- Dr. Pierre Guyak (dies)
- Leigh Harbrook (dies)
- Louis Joland (an attorney; dies)
- Bela Bey (a sinister, giant Egyptian; dies)
- Slug Kirbin (a mobster; captured)
- Blimp (a thug; captured)
- Eleanor Lengood
- Howard Lengood (Eleanor's brother; dies)
- Owen Lengood (Eleanor's brother; dies)
- Roger Lengood (Eleanor's brother)
- Roy Lengood (Eleanor's cousin)
- Alice Besson (Roy's fiancee)
- Walter Lengood (Eleanor's cousin)
- James Lengood (Eleanor's cousin; dies)
- Dr. Rufus Denburton (the Lengood family physician)
- Dr. J. R. Kolbel (a veterinarian)
- Peters (the Lengood family butler)
Synopsis for "Death by Proxy"
It marked the end of another life-risking battle against crime, and at the same time it presaged greater difficulties ahead. The Shadow, who escaped death a million times, was to face a new kind of death, and
a new kind of crime, in Death by Proxy, matching his wits against the wits of a master villain, and stacking his two guns against the arms of dozens of hirelings. A strange menace hung over an ancient family home; death struck with uncanny regularity. Into this scene of fear and danger The Shadow must enter; here he must fight anew that justice would not be misled; that criminals get their deserved punishment - death, real death, not Death by Proxy.
- The Shadow works alone.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 112 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References