Appearing in "The Crime Oracle"
- The Shadow (also disguised as "Beak Thungle")
- The Shadow's Agents:
- "The Head" (Professor Caglio)
- Squint Proddock (dies)
- Chip Mulley
- Moose Sudling (dies)
- Havelock (a chauffeur)
- Commissioner Wainwright Barth (final appearance)
- Acting Inspector Joe Cardona
- Detective Sergeant Markham
- Vic Marquette
- Marley (Caglio's servant)
- Mr. Selfridge
- Martha Keswick
- Percy Rydler
- Hal Rydler
- Adele Rayhew
- Tony Darelli
- Red Mike
- Pinky Garson (dies)
- Jemley (a caretaker; dies)
- New York City
- Hotel Spartan
- The Black Ship (mentioned only)
- The Shadow's Sanctum
- Red Mike's
- Littleton, New Jersey
- "Devil's Whisper" (explosive paste)
- The Shadow's rubber suction cups
- Zovex (an automaton; destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Crime Oracle"
Out of thin air came this bodiless specter -- a gruesome, learning head that talked! Murder was done at this monster's bidding! But from the mind of The Shadow came knowledge that counterbalanced the twisted brain that was The Head!
- "The Crime Oracle" was reprinted by Dover Books as a Double-Novel Magazine.
- George Rozen's cover was also used for Shadow Comics #4.
- At the end of the story, The Shadow saves Cliff Marsland from being shot by a thug. Witnessing this action, Joe Cardona correctly concludes that Marsland is really one of The Shadow's agents.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Magazine Vol 1 103 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Magazine series
Links and References