Appearing in "Introducing The Shadow"
- The Shadow (1st appearance in a comic book)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Introducing The Shadow"
The most popular character in America.
The Shadow is featured every month in The Shadow Magazine, he is heard every Sunday afternoon on a coast-to-coast radio network and is voted the most popular daytime show, Columbia Pictures have made a wonderful motion picture of his adventures and are now showing it at your neighborhood theater -- all this is proof that The Shadow is America's favorite character.
In his first issue, The Shadow is suspected of being a saboteur. He goes after the real culprits, clears his name and breaks up the evil spy ring.
- Edd Cartier illustrates the introduction page -- "Introducing The Shadow." It is a reprint of The Shadow firing his guns in a doorway which originally appeared in "Shiwan Khan Returns."
- This issue is the first comic book appearance of both The Shadow and Doc Savage. It's also the very first comic book from Street & Smith.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Shadow Comics Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Shadow Comics series
Links and References