Ralph Weston is a middle-aged, wealthy and self-important man who is the commissioner of New York City's police department.
Weston is very much indebted to Cranston, as it was he who made the arrangements for the commissioner to join the Cobalt Club. With this friendship, The Shadow, as Cranston, is often called upon as a consultant on various cases that puzzle Weston. In turn this relationship benefits both parties, as The Shadow is able to receive privileged knowledge about a crime and Weston unwittingly seems capable of solving cases with surprising success.
When the government of Garauca selected Weston as their new Chief of National Police, he was flattered enough to take up the offer and leave the United States for South America. In his place, he left ex-banker, Wainwright Barth as New York's new commissioner. When Weston finished putting the country of Garauca back in order, he resumed his commissioner duties.
Powers and Abilities
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
- Though The Shadow has killed several foes in his fight against crime, it should be noted that Commissioner Weston has done the same, in the line of duty. Noted incidents include; when he and Inspector Cardona supplied the bombardment of bullets which killed the Blur. Commissioner Weston also shot the villain Shang Chou and master crook, Ludlow Rhyde.
- Weston served in France as an American army officer in WWI.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Ralph Weston (Street & Smith)
- Character Gallery: Ralph Weston (Street & Smith)
- Quotations by Ralph Weston (Street & Smith)
- Images that include Ralph Weston (Street & Smith)