|Death House Rescue|
September 26, 1937
A man who's looking for a job mistakenly becomes involved with a bank robbery. He is later sentenced to death for a cop killing he didn't commit. The Shadow investigates and locates a missed piece of evidence, which helps free the wrongly accused man.
- Orson Welles as The Shadow (Lamont Cranston) (1st radio origin)
- Agnes Moorehead as Margot Lane (1st appearance)
- Red Sloan (a bank robber)
- Lefty (a bank robber)
- The Commissioner (1st radio appearance)
- Paul Gordon
- Grace Gordon (Paul's wife)
- Louis (a police officer; dies)
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- Though this is the first radio episode of The Shadow as the main character, it is noted that he has been fighting the underworld for the past five years.
- This episode introduces Lamont Cranston's companion Margot Lane, predating her pulp appearance by a few years.
- Edward Hale Bierstadt and Walter B. Gibson collaborated on the script.
- The radio script for "Death House Rescue" is reprinted in The Shadow Scrapbook and features Harry Vincent, however, he is not in the radio version.