Appearing in "The Riddle of the Sealed Box (part 1)"
- The Shadow's Agents:
- Theda Morenz
- Nick Kromer
- James Belver
- Richard Whilton (dies)
- Eunice Whilton (Richard's daughter)
- Rufus Vosgle (Whilton's lawyer)
- Chon (Vosgle's servant)
- Gilbert the butler
- Officer Mulley
- Larry Sherrin (Eunice's fiance)
- High Spot Cafe
- The Shadow's Autogyro
Synopsis for "The Riddle of the Sealed Box (part 1)"
Richard Whilton receives a sealed box which contains information about who is behind a recent crime spree. He is soon murdered at home and the box disappears. The Shadow visits the Whilton estate for clues and tells the daughter of the dead man that he will solve her father's death and reclaim the stolen box.
- Reprinted newspaper strips from the 1940s.
- "The Riddle of the Sealed Box" appeared in comic book form as "The Mystery of the Sealed Box" in Shadow Comics #9.
- It is reprinted in The Shadow Scrapbook.
- It is also reprinted as "The Riddle of the Sealed Box" in Pulp Action #1.
- The cover is a comic panel from the strip -- illustrated by Vernon Greene and colored by Bruce Timm.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this publication!
- Discuss Crime Classics Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Crime Classics series
Links and References